Thursday, July 19, 2007

More on Sleep Schedules

You know, I don't think I really gave enough context for why I've been so concerned with my sleep schedule. Of course it's to do with feeling energetic and sane enough to work hard for twelve hours a day, but the reason for my interest in that is because I'm curious as to how sustainable this sort of job is. That is, I'm trying to figure out how, if I were to make a living as a market gardener, to keep up with all the work whilst not burning out. Figuring out how much sleep I need is all part of that.

Anyhow, I've returned to the original schedule of 4:30 - 9pm. Going to sleep at 10pm worked out for a few days but then I started to feel like the days required so much more effort than they had been. Once I had returned to a 9pm bedtime... well, I'm just surprised at how much more easy the days are. This week I've sort of been staying up late again and it's a real drag -- at times I've had to push myself to keep awake, or to keep moving, and it's no fun.

Anyhow.

No comments: